Wednesday, January 05, 2011

What happened in the concrete jungle where dreams are made of

My cousin, Luisa, is luckiest girl in the world! She surprised everyone when she shared her weird yet funny experience while walking down the streets of New York. She may have missed the countdown at Victoria Harbour with the family in Hongkong and the California sunshine (where she stays because she studies at USC) for snow but at least she had a greatest time with friends in the Big Apple. It was her first time to spend New Year away from family.

So while browsing through my Facebook News Feed, my jaw dropped upon reading her status:

"did i mention i saw natalie portman walking down the street the other day?"



Natalie Portman. The gorgeous Hollywood actress known for playing Padme Amidala in Star Wars.... walked right past my cousin! Luisa thought it's weird and funny at the same time because it all happened in New York, not in L.A. Of all places and of all people.

It's such a joy to hear something good, like this, in the first few weeks of 2011. Good vibes, right? Haay, I wish I'd see Emma Watson or Zac Efron someday. I won't stop dreaming. Who knows? I might see them sooner than later. HAHA. ;)

I'm leaving you with Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z and Alicia Keys. Go and sing your heart out! :)