Friday, January 21, 2011

Do the Pretty Girl Rock



Pretty Girl Rock by Keri Hilson has been playing on my iPod for days and it's on repeat mode! Kaye suggested to download this song and I'm glad I did. It's so catchy, it makes me want to dance! HAHA. I love the video because it's so creative (in my honest opinion) and it pays homage to some of the inspiring and beautiful black women in the world like Josephine Baker, Diana Ross, Janet Jackson and TLC. Moreover, this song tells all the girls to love themselves and to keep remembering that they are beautiful, no matter what other people say. To sum it all up, let me quote Eleanor Roosevelt, "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent".

On a completely unrelated note, Keri as Janet Jackson and T-Boz (the lead singer of TLC) are my favorite scenes. :)