Thursday, January 06, 2011

The Top 8

I have always been fascinated by people who usually have the time to travel around the world. I enjoy looking at their pictures and listening or reading their posts about their experiences in the places where they had been to. The books I read and movies I watch are also contributing factors. I learn a lot from them and they inspire me to seek adventure and discover wonderful things.

I'd like to share with you the top eight places that I want to visit in the future. In random order, here's my list:

1. Santorini, Greece



Santorini, Greece is known for its villages which are built on the cliffs and the fantastic view of the sea, volcano and sunset. The movie, Sisterhood of Traveling Pants, introduced me to this paradise. Lena, one of the characters, made me see its grandeur when she paid a visit to her grandparents and to get to know more about her Greek roots. I'm definitely excited to see it for myself.

2. Paris, France



Paris, France is more than just the most romantic place in the world. It is full of museums and galleries such as the Louvre that exhibit world-class works of art like Leonardo da Vinci's famous painting, the Mona Lisa. The Eiffel tower and the Notre Dame Cathedral are a must-see too. I've also heard that the food in Paris tastes great. Have you watched Disney's Ratatouille? Though it is an animated movie, the food that Linguini and Remy (the rat who dreams of becoming a chef) cook looks so appetizing! I'd like to try the authentic French croissant, creme brulee, mousse au chocolat and of course, ratatouille.

3. Italy



Pizza and pasta always come into my mind whenever I hear the word, Italy. I love pizza and pasta and my family can attest to that. These are my comfort food! Meanwhile, I'm currently reading Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat.Pray.Love. Like her, I want to feast on Italian food and savor every moment while in Italy. I'll make it even more memorable by paying a visit to the Vatican, tossing a coin and making a wish at the Trevi Fountain, taking photos of the ruined Roman Coliseum and hang-out in Venice.

4. China



China is an interesting place to visit because of its rich culture. The book, Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan, encouraged me to go to China someday. Also, I saw Bianca Gonzalez' photo taken at the Great Wall of China and it was amazing. I want to have one like that too.

5. New York City, USA




It is the city that never sleeps, as they say. It is also the home of some well-known landmarks and attraction like the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Metropolitan Museum and the Times Square. I will not elaborate further on this because IT'S NEW YORK CITY! :)

6. London, England


I've been wanting to go here since I became fond of the Harry Potter series. For me, this place is magical and it deserves to be in my list.

7. Seoul, Korea



I love watching Korean romantic-comedy-with-a-little-drop-of-drama shows. Full House, Princess Hours, My Girl, Boys Over Flowers and the like never fail to show the viewers the wonderful tourist spots in Korea such as the Teddy Bear Museum, Changdeok Palace, and Jeju Island. I'm also interested in learning about their culture, thanks to my Korean friends.

8. Egypt



Regina Belmonte once shared her experiences when she went to Egypt with her family last summer. It was breathtaking to see the pyramids, even the camels, from the photos she took from their trip. From her blog posts and article on The Philippine Star, I've began to dream about touching the stones of the pyramids which were built by the people during the ancient times. I want to know too how it feels like when I finally get the chance to be inside those pyramids where the tombs of the greatest pharaohs in the world history are found.

How about you, what are your top 8 travel destinations? :)


*Photos from Google Images*