Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Typical Day in School

Let me share with you some of my random conversations with the cute little kids at school. I love talking to kids everyday because I learn a lot from them.

While inside our directress' office, before the start of our 9am class...

Adorable Kid 1: Where is Teacher P?
Me: Maybe she is on her way. Why, do you miss her?
Adorable Kid 1: Yes!!!
Me: But you saw her yesterday...
Adorable Kid 1: Um, yes! I saw her yesterday a while ago!
Me: *trying to control my laughter*

During my enrichment class for the Preschool 4 kids...

Me: *looking at the adorable kid 2's hand* I see, your teacher didn't give you a star. Perhaps, you didn't listen to her.
Adorable Kid 2: Hindi! Ayoko ng star kaya wala akong star sa kamay koooo! (I have none because I don't want a star on my hand)
Me: O_o

During my enrichment class for the Preschool 2b kids...

A kid was crying loudly because he's not yet ready to go home. I was with Adorable Kid 3 and we were about to start our writing session. Take note: She's only 3 years old.

Me: Okay, Adorable Kid 3, let me see your beautiful hand writing *big smile* :)
Adorable Kid 3: *starts writing* 
(while writing her name)
Adorable Kid 3: Ano ba yan! Ang emo-emo ni *insert crying kid's name here*! (He's so emo!)

During my tutorial session with an adorable three year old boy, while coloring the things that start with the letter Bb...

Adorable Kid 4: Teacher, I only watch Chef.
Me: Why only "Chef"? *I assume "Chef" is either Masterchef or Junior Masterchef*
Adorable Kid 4: Kasi gusto ko maging cooker pag laki ko! *smiling with twinkling eyes* (Because I want to be a cooker when I grow up!)
Me: *trying to control my laughter* Oh, that's nice! You want to be a cook or a chef when you grow up! Can you cook for us? I'll go to your house. ;)
Adorable Kid 4: Hindi mo naman alam bahay namin eh! (You don't know where our house is!)
Me: *thinking of a palusot* Well, I know your house. It's near the school, right? :)
Adorable Kid 4: Malayo yun eh! (It's far!)

While helping my grade 3 student spread some glue for her arts project, tutorial class in the afternoon...

Adorable Kid 5: Teacher, si *insert her classmate's name here* at ako, ang tagal na namin classmates. Simula K1 hanggang ngayon. (Teacher, we've been classmates since we were in K1)
Me: Why, you don't want to be classmates with him?
Adorable Kid 5: Gusto po. Kaya lang, ang ingay-ingay niya sa classroom at isip bata pa. (It's not that I don't like him. It's just that he's too noisy inside the classroom and he's so childish)
Me: Woah. So does it mean you think like an adult now? ;)
Adorable Kid 5: Hindi naman po. Basta hindi na po ako isip bata. (I'm not childish anymore.)
Me: Okaaaaay. Let's go back to work. ;)

The bottomline is, when you work in a school and when you talk to kids, expect the unexpected. Never ever underestimate the way kids think because they are capable of blowing your mind away. ;)