Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Reflection

Feeling sleepy while the mass is ongoing is quite inevitable for me. Whenever the mass ends, I feel bad because it didn't turn out to be as meaningful as I expect it to be. My mind usually wonders off the great halls of the church, most especially when it's time for homily. Sometimes, I participate in singing the songs but it's not effective. Nakakahiya talaga kay God at sa mga taong nakapaligid sa akin. So yesterday, before leaving for mass, I drank a cup of brewed coffee to keep myself awake.

The coffee didn't fail me. I was full of energy from the beginning until the end of the mass. I was able to listen to the readings, the psalm, and the gospel. And I understood the homily. For the very first time, the priest's homily became meaningful to me. I got so affected and I can't help thinking about what he said. He made sense.

Does my life have direction? 

Where am I going? 

What have I done/accomplished so far?

Do I ever cross the mind of the person I think about every single day too?:p

Okay, please ignore the last question. Haha! Haay, I hope I don't drown in my pool of thoughts. Well, on a lighter note, at least my brain is working double time. :p