Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Close to Nature

It was a sunny and a little bit windy afternoon so I decided to go out and just walk around our garden. I borrowed my brother's camera because I had a gut feeling that I'd take photos of things that interest me. I wasn't wrong when I saw the fallen leaves from our santol tree on the grass. The leaves reminded me of autumn because of their colors... brown, red, and orange. For some strange reason, I also felt that I wasn't in the Philippines. 


Auntie Sari once said that it's nice for me to walk around the garden to appreciate nature's beauty... God's gifts ika nga. Indeed, that afternoon, I got to appreciate what's around me. I loved the feel of the grass on my feet. I loved the gentle wind that caressed my cheek. I enjoyed watching the chickens that roam around our garden, looking for food (yes, we have chickens at home but we consider them as pets). It was quite relaxing and I somehow had forgotten about the things that usually occupy my mind. I think I should do this more often.

Since the camera's with me, I didn't let the chance of having my pictures taken pass too. I looked for a spot where I can put the camera, set the timer, and then ran back and forth our garden to check if the shot's okay. Unfortunately, my solo picture was a big failure so I had to call my brother to help me out. :))

   
Better! I put on the 1960's and vignette effect on the photo to add a bit more drama. ;) It was also the day I felt like a model. Haha! What if I submit this photo to Candy magazine's website? Will they choose me as the It Girl of the Week? Haha! Just kidding. Going back, can you see the leaves that surround me? By the way, I commend our kuya gardener for doing such a good job in maintaining the look of the garden. 

Another thing. I'm fond of browsing through the site of fashion bloggers like Patricia Prieto and Kryz Uy. I've always admired these fashion bloggers and the people who are passionate about fashion, because they can really make a simple dress or pieces of clothing look more fabulous. I visit Candy Magazine's website from time to time to get some ideas too. Anyway, I got inspired by them so I also took photos of what I wore. :p

Top: Just G | Shorts: Bench | Belt: Pop Culture | Ring: Quiapo
Cupcake necklace (hardly visible): Kids of Bayo
Bag: Given to me by Auntie Sari
Sandals: Mario D' Boro, SM Department Store
Disclaimer: My solo pictures were taken by my brother, while the rest, by yours truly. :)