Sunday, November 13, 2011

Dreams Do Come True

These days, it's not that easy to get the job that you want. You have to go through a lot before you finally land on your dream job. A series of interviews and tests come along the way and you have to be brave enough to accept rejections.

I know how it feels to find a job and how it feels to be rejected because I've been through these things last year. I was just a fresh graduate from DLSU and I felt quite nervous yet excited about sending my resumes at different preschools. So imagine how I felt when I finally got accepted at the preschool where I can see myself grow and be a better teacher. I cried on the day I received a call from the directress and thanked God for the wonderful opportunity. I will never ever forget that. Moving on.

My fellow Humblebee Ekai wasn't an exception. She also experienced what I experienced last year. She bravely took risks and never gave up. Some weeks ago, she surprised everyone, including herself, when she got accepted as the Editorial Coordinator of Meg Magazine and her boss is none other than the Bianca Gonzalez! I was so thrilled when I learned about it and I congratulated her as soon as I read her tweet and her sister's status on Facebook. It's truly worth the wait. Indeed, everything happens for a reason. Dreams do come true.

This pretty young lady will go places. :)
*photo taken from her blog, Life in Euphoria*

If there's one thing I learned from her, it's about not giving up. You have to keep going in order to reach that goal or dream of yours. Sometimes, you will feel like you're a failure or worthless but also remind yourself that making mistakes is okay because it helps you grow, learn and become a better person. Don't stop trying and believe in yourself. Lastly, keep the faith. God knows the best for you. What's happening to you right now is a part of His plan for you. 

To Ekai, if you're reading this, I just want to say that I'm so proud of you! You've come this far! You deserve to be in that position. Please don't forget us when you become famous, okay? :p Good luck and God bless. See you soon! Animo! :) 

P.S. Please visit Ekai's inspirational blog too. For sure, you will love her positivity too. :)