Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Downtown Manila

Spent an afternoon all by myself in Quiapo, Manila today! Ate Rosie (our super loyal kasambahay) was in Ong Pin, buying goods for our store while Tatay Boy (our family driver) chose to stay at a dental supplies store somewhere in Platerias Street. So instead of waiting inside the car, I decided to go out on a mini adventure. It was a wise decision because I had a great time wandering around the streets of Carriedo on my own, feeling like a tourist exploring a foreign land. It was scorching hot but the summer heat didn't stop me from looking at the interesting stuff the vendors sell. Carriedo, I realized, is a "one-stop shop" for it has everything a person needs in his or her everyday life--- from batteries, appliances, fruits, kitchen tools, clothes, bags, fashion jewelry, you name it!



Was on my way to the dental supplies store to meet Ate Rosie and Tatay Boy when these funky rings caught my attention. I went gaga when the saleslady told me that each ring costs Php30 only. It was like love at first sight, so I bought six pieces. I even got a discount from her! ;)

Didn't get the chance to drop by Quiapo church though, due to the lack of time. I used to go there with Auntie Lucy before and I plan to do it again some time.

So if you're looking for some amazing finds that are budget friendly, you can always go to Quiapo. I'm sure you will have a blast, as much as I did. And oh, on a friendly note, remember to keep all your valuables such as phone and wallet close to you and be alert at all times. :)