Friday, April 08, 2011

Want over need?

I literally jumped after reading the text message sent by someone dear to me the other day. She was inviting those who are also dear to her to join her and her husband-to-be in a trip in Bohol (I feel so honored and humbled to receive such invitation from her, really). I've never been to Bohol and I hear it's an interesting place to visit. My knowledge on Bohol is only limited to chocolate hills, one of the famous tourist attractions in the country (AND I wouldn't know this information had elementary history books have not included it in the chapter where land forms are being discussed haha). To know more about Bohol, I researched and here's what I found out:

The tourists have a hard time choosing which places to see and visit because Bohol has a lot to offer. A week isn't enough to explore this island and if you plan to extend your stay, you should have a bigger budget.

I already asked permission from my dad and aunt and to my surprise they both agreed. This is something new and I feel so thankful because they're allowing me. This would have been my first trip outside Luzon, without them or without a chaperon. However, the total amount of money to spend is way too expensive! Anyway, I'm sharing with you some photos of the tourist attractions in Bohol, which I want to see in the future:



My trip to Bohol wouldn't be complete if I don't check these out. It's called chocolate hills because it turns brown at the end of the dry season. Fascinating, right? They're located in the town of Carmen.


Because it's summer season in the Philippines, dropping by the beach is a good idea. I'd love to go to Panglao, which is the home of many beach resorts, to make sand castles, walk on its white sand, collect sea shells, have a bonfire party with friends and of course swim in the clear blue water.



Upon reading its description, Baclayon reminded me of San Agustin Church in Intramuros, Manila because it has a museum too and it's an old church. The same goes to Loboc. Visiting old places is fascinating for me, for some reason.



I've always dreamed of seeing tarsiers! Who wouldn't want to see these adorable animals? There's a tarsier sanctuary in Corella and I'm eager to see them in their natural habitat.

Researching on the places to visit in Bohol and looking at the photos gave me more reasons to say yes and "go for it". Like I told you, my dad and aunt have given me the blessing so the final decision is up to me. I'm still having second thoughts though. Haay, I guess I must put my Canon camera dream away for the moment. ;)