Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Taft Adventure

I felt like a student again when I went back to DLSU last March 24. Classes were over at the school where I work so I had the time to visit my alma mater. I took the chance to check out the newly renovated cybernook inside the library at SJ building and I find it amazing! It has changed a lot since I graduated and I wish Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf was already there during my last year as a college student. The computers have leveled up too! No wonder why it's so crowded when I arrived. Cybernook is definitely the place to be where the students can study without distractions. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take snapshots because I was shy. HAHA.


Walked on the school's halls once again. Maggie said I don't look a like an alumnae because I blend in with the students. Speaking of blending in, during my visit, it was the last day of voting for the new set of student council officers and someone from Santugon and Tapat, the two socio-political organizations in the university, asked me if I already voted. Kinilig naman ako. ;)



Was surprised to see the walls of the walkway between the CLA and COE buildings painted with murals. And if you're wondering about the thing covered in gray clothing, that's a solar car. If I'm not mistaken, some students from the engineering department are developing a new solar car and they're going to present it abroad and represent our country. How awesome is that?


Got to see the current situation of the football field too. And it broke my heart.

My trip to Taft wouldn't be complete without Maggie. She's also one of the reasons why I decided to drop by DLSU. She was so busy with her school requirements at that time but she spent her four-hour break just to be with me (she's the sweetest best friend!). She showed me the new University Mall. It looks like a safe place now unlike before.

Cerealicious is making a comeback via the University Mall. It was located at Sherwood when I was still a frosh but it closed due to some unknown reason. Maggie and I didn't have second thoughts when we saw it right infront of us. We eventually went inside and ordered food. And did I mention that we were the second customers to enter the establishment? It happened to be their opening day and I'm glad we're part of it.



What I love about Cerealicious is its innovativeness when it comes to mixing our favorite breakfast cereals with treats such as fruits, sprinkles, candies and the like. You may click this link if you want to see the menu. Anyway, I enjoyed my Harry Butter, Finger of Azkaban while Maggie had her I-rone Man.



Went to Noriter Cafe after. I stayed in Taft for three years but I've never been to Noriter... until that day. This humble cafe along Taft Avenue serves the best treats in town! Plus, a number of students come over to this place to study because its homey ambience is conducive to learning.



A former classmate in history class once told me that guests were allowed to write on the walls. However, the management decided not to do this anymore. So they thought about collecting coffee cups and encouraged the students to express their feeling through writing, drawing or painting on them.



Seeing this made me realize that styro cups look good as decorations. And we're also helping Mother Earth. What an excellent idea, right?


By the way, I satisfied my craving for blueberry cheesecake by ordering a slice of it. Heaven!



When Ate Rosie sent me a text message saying that they're near DLSU, Maggie and I returned to the campus. While waiting for my sundo, I used the remaining time to convince her to study for her next class because her professor's going to give them a quiz. HAHA. Unfortunately, my convincing power wasn't that effective. Well, I have faith in her. I'm sure she did a good job.



I agree with Bianca Gonzalez when she said that "going back to school is refreshing and inspiring". I wish I would have more time to explore my second home and hopefully catch up with familiar people.

Happy Easter and Animo La Salle!!! :)


P.S. Maggie wrote a super sweet post. Click here to read. :)