Sunday, April 17, 2011

Gone Too Soon

Life is indeed too short.

When I opened my Twitter this morning, I had no idea why people keep tweeting "Rest in peace AJ Perez" and "Let's pray for AJ and his family". I thought it was a joke, but I was wrong. I got so shocked when I read an article about his untimely death on Yahoo Philippines. According to the news, the van they were riding collided with a truck and a bus, and he suffered multiple head injuries. He passed away at 12:20am today. He was 18.

I was supposed to write about something else but I changed my mind and decided to dedicate this post to AJ.

AJ was a good model to the youth. Unlike the other young actors his age, he didn't stop studying so he could focus more on his rising career. Instead, he juggled his studies and his priorities in the field of entertainment. It was hard but he was able to manage. As a matter of fact, he recently graduated from high school. His parents and loved ones must be very proud of him.



(This photo taken two years ago, when my friends from College of Business and Economic in DLSU went to a studio in ABS-CBN. AJ was the one wearing the pink and black striped shirt, sitting beside the host, Mariel Rodriguez)



To AJ, wherever you are, I know you're happy. I know you're Home. We will miss you. :'(


P.S. AJ's wake will be at La Salle Greenhills Shrine, staring today until Tuesday, April 19.