Friday, November 10, 2006

Something New

This week has been busy for me and there are surprises that really have surprised me. This month, November, is the English month. Every year, the school always has activities that are related to the English subject such as book fair, book ad, essay writing, class paper making, declamation, speech choir and extemporaneous speeches. This year, there are some changes regarding the activities. The book ad, for example, requires one story to be presented by the highschool unit. The story is Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. It is a well- loved classic story, as we all know. There is a new activity which is the broadcasting. In here, five to seven students are needed to promote a message that is related to the theme. The theme, by the way, is Reliving Classic Literature Today with Zeal and Dynamism. The students who join this activity will practice and record the message in the school. According to our teacher, any practices outside the school will not be recognized as a school activity.
Our class was given the rules about the said school activities. There are so many and I'm happy because everybody will have the chance to participate. I thought about joining the making of the class paper but it was already full so I "registered" to speech choir and to broadcasting. But then, one of my classmates told me that I should only choose one because there might be a conflict for the practices. During lunch time, I really thought hard and I was thinking about joining broadcasting instead of speech choir. I even asked some of my classmates to give me advices. Before the lunch ended, I told our vice president that I will join broadcasting.
I joined the broadcasting because I realized that I wanted to try something new. Besides, I already joined speech choir before (but it was called choral recitation and it was in Filipino). I don't regret it because I will let my voice, together with my groupmates, be heard to send a message that may hopefully inspire the youth of today specially the little ones, our little sisters in "reliving the classic literature with zeal and dynamism". Thank you and good day!

No comments: