Sunday, November 26, 2006

A Taste of Mango Cake

After a month of making "parinig" to my aunties, my wish has been granted. Auntie Sari, who plays the piano very well, buys me a mango cake from Red Ribbon. Receiving a chocolate or a mango cake is my wish even before my sixteenth birthday. I've just been dreaming about it one day then one night, while having a dinner with Auntie Lucy, I suddenly talked about chocolate cake and mango cake from Red Ribbon. I thought Auntie Lucy will buy me either of the two because she's nodding her head as I say that Red Ribbon is one of the bake shops here in the Philippines who makes the best cakes in town. *sigh* On the day of my birthday, there is no cake at all. Sad.

Since then, everytime we have our weekly family gatherings here at home, I always do not forget to mention about my dream cakes from Red Ribbon. Whenever I talk about them, they become quiet then ask me if I really wanted a cake. Of course I do! Though it sounds narrow, having my dream about cakes fulfilled will make me so happy.

A while ago, when they arrived, Auntie Sari called me. I was finished greeting Auntie Tita and my dad. I went to Auntie Sari to greet her as well then I saw that she was holding something inside the plastic bag of Red Ribbon. I asked blessing from her as usual, hugged and kissed her. Then, she told me that the cake's for me. I was really surprised! I even jumped for joy. See, I'm such a narrow person. Haha.

We ate the cake before they left for Manila. We even shared it with our household. As I was eating the cake, I was so happy. My aunts were looking and smiling at each other. Well, I looked at them with hey-it-is-my-dream-to-eat-a-mango-cake-and-now-it -is-granted-so-I'm-happy look. Haha.

This day is such a great day, and I wish it will be longer. Wishes. Tomorrow will be quite a different day from today so I must look forward to it. At least, I got the chance to taste a mango cake.
=)

No comments: