Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Are You Conyo? (First of Two Chapters)

Last Friday, I got a copy of the latest issue of The La Sallian, the English newspaper in the university. After finishing cutting and drawing our paper dolls for our FSTUDY bulletin display making, I began to read the Menagerie (feature) section of the newspaper. I had a fun time reading it because it was really entertaining and creative. One of the articles that caught my attention was the Ten Conyomandments. It was super funny! v('',)v

Since everybody has been posting this article in Multilpy and Friendster, I would also do what they're doing. So please, sit back and relax as I share with you the first half of the Ten Conyomandments by Gerry Avelino and Arik Abu here in Blogger. By the way, I'll post the second half in my next entry. Suspense much? V('',)v Enjoy!

Ten Conyomandments
by Gerry Avelino and Arik Abu
(taken from TLS- Menagerie)

Conyo here, conyo there, conyo everywhere! Here at La Salle, conyospeak has become an unofficial language as a good chunk of the student body knows, or maybe even mastered the socialite tongue. However, one must never forget the basics of the conyo and we thusly bring you: The Ten Conyomandments.

1.
Thou shall make gamit "make+pandiwa".

ex. "Let's make pasok na to our class!"
"Wait lang! I'm making kain pa!"
"Come on na, we can't make hintay anymore! It's in Andrew pa, you know?"

2.
Thou shall make kalat "noh", "diba" and "eh" in your pangungusap.

ex. "I don't like to make lakad in the baha nga, no? Eh diba it's like, so eew, diba?"
"What ba: stop nga being maarte noh?"
"Eh as if you want naman also, diba?"

3.
When making describe a whatever, always say "It's SO pang-uri!"

ex. "It's so malaki, you know, and so mainit!"
"I know right? So sarap nga, eh!"
"You're making me inggit naman.. I'll make bili nga my own burger."

4.
When you are lalaki, make parang punctuation "dude", 'tsong" or "pare"

ex. "Dude, ENGANAL is so hirap, pare."
"I know, tsong, I got bagsak nga in quiz one, eh"

5.
Thou shall know you know? I know right!

ex. "My bag is so bigat today, you know"
"I know, right! We have to make dala pa kasi the jumbo Physics book eh!"


To be continued...


*Source: The La Sallian, Menagerie, Vol. XLVIII Issue No. III, pages 8-9*