Friday, June 06, 2008

What's Up with People These Days?

Have you heard about Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse? Many people in school are going crazy over them. I have blockmates who don't listen to class discussions because they prefer to be with Bella and Edward and witness their romantic yet different kind of love story. They're talking about them everytime and everywhere we go. They're becoming really thrilled and excited for the coming of the Breaking Dawn on August. And because of all this thrill and excitement around me, I'm thinking about getting myself a copy of each book to stop my curiosity.

Yes people, they're books written by Stephenie Meyer. I think these series would be the next Harry Potter. It's not about witchcraft and wizardry, but a love story between a mortal and a vampire. Like what the Publisher's Weekly said in the review, it is "Propelled by suspense and romance in equal parts [this story] will keep readers madly flipping the pages of Meyer's tantalizing debut." In addition, according to the review of School Library Journal, "The novel's danger-factor skyrockets as the excitement of secret love and hushed affection morphs into a terrifying race to stay alive. Realistic, subtle, succint, and easy to follow, Twilight will have readers dying to seek their teeth into it."

No wonder why my blockmates really love reading the Twilight series.

And speaking of books, I recently finished reading Eggs by Jerry Spinelli. It's a nice book actually and like Penny from Heaven, I learned a lot about friendship and forgiveness. In my own point of view, it's like a more mature version of the Little Prince. Try reading it too. I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

"When you can live forever, what do you live for?"

*I can't wait to read these books. I would love to meet Bella and Edward! Oh well, I'll meet them...real soon. By the way, the first movie of this series, Twilight, will be in theaters on December 2008. I can't wait to watch it as well. =)*