Saturday, June 14, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away

Summer is officially over. The sky starts to cry out loud, giving away little droplets of water on the land. Lightnings and thunders are always seen and heard. And maybe, one of these days, there would be floods too who'll make it quite impossible for us to go outside our houses or school.

Just like yesterday, Ocha and I were stuck in EGI Taft Tower for a couple of minutes after making our flash character for EDUTEC2. We came from Andrew building and went to EGI to meet and say good-bye to Nikki. When we got outside the salon where Nikki was having her nails done, it began to rain. There was a strong wind and the entrance side (the one facing the school) was almost flooded. Even if it was raining so hard, we walked in the rain and went back to school. Unfortunately, I was wearing flip-flops. My feet were soaked in the mini flood outside EGI, and it left me a bad feeling.

I don't like rainy days, especially when I'm in school. I always wear flip-flops and rarely wear rubber shoes or sneakers. When it rains in Manila, my feet are not only getting wet because of the rain but because of the mud too. Honestly, it is really yucky. Taking a taxi or a pedicab is another option. I don't like to spend forty pesos or more since the dorm where I live is near the school. Hey, I would only cross the Taft avenue! Oh well, I guess this is a part of the college life. v(",)v

It doesn't matter if the rain nowadays is clean. I think I would love to play in the rain if it is dirt-free. However, because of global warming and too much pollution, the rain becomes acidic and dirty.

Let me ask you, who would love the rain if it's like this? I suppose, we'd rather stay in a building or inside a room and wait until it stops than walk, get wet and dirty, and sick. On the positive point of view, in times like this, we can't blame Mother Nature for doing such a thing. I believe she's just giving us what we deserve.

Good day everyone! v(",)v


*While walking on the grounds of La Salle Taft, Jalvin texted me last Thursday just to tell me that she saw Robi Domingo in Ateneo! Woohoo! Isn't she lucky? They both study in Ateneo and they belong in the same department. How cool is that? Haha!*