Friday, May 30, 2008

Sophomore Syndrome

I’m officially a college sophomore. My freshman year in La Salle seems only like yesterday. The pace of life in school is really fast because of the school system, which is trimester. Ang bilis talaga. The first day of my sophomore year is fine. There are a lot of new faces around the campus. It is easy to distinguish freshmen because they still depend on their EAF for their schedule. In addition to that, their EAF serves as their temporary ID. I’ve also seen some people I know. What’s more fun is that I can spend a lot of time with my college friends again and with my other block mates as well. (I love Block 1 L81!) By the way, the freshmen make me feel old. Hahaha. Of course, I’m only kidding. =)

On the other hand, I feel quite sad because school works are just around the corner. Sooner or later, our professors will give us tasks that we need to accomplish by the end of the first trimester. And the sophomore year looks like more complicated, academically speaking, based on the syllabus of the different subjects we’re taking up this first trimester. Our professors give the impression of expecting a lot from us too. Oh well, it is indeed good bye to summer vacation and hello to stress!

On the drama queen side, the first week of school makes me feel homesick all over again. I don’t know why I’m still not getting used to living far away from home, though I enjoy the company of my dorm mates/ room mates. This may sound like a cliché, but I think this old saying is definitely true: there’s no place like home. =)