Saturday, May 17, 2008

Don't be Mean

Ironically, I'm writing this entry in English.

I'm not really that patriotic but whenever I read something bad about us Filipinos, it pains me. I feel offended because I'm a Filipino and I live in the Philippines. How come some foreigners say that we make them puke because of the way we practice our culture? In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with our culture. Honestly, I find our culture very interesting because of the influences of the different countries that colonized us before. At least, in our culture, we know how to respect and give importance to our elders--- that we value our family. In reality, the Philippines belongs to a third world country. I'm aware that a lot of us live in poverty. There are even some of us who leave the country and their family to work abroad so that they could feed and support them. It is sad but definitely it is true. However, I totally disagree in the belief that "nothing good has ever come from Philippines". The Philippines is a beautiful country, and it has a lot of wonderful places to be seen. The Filipinos are good and smart people. In fact, some of the foreigners who have visited our country admire our hospitality towards them. And because of our hospitality, they keep coming back and they learn to love our country as well. The Philippines may be a third world country right now but I believe it will become a very prosperous country, economically speaking, like America, China, and Japan. I don't know when, but I strongly feel that it will happen someday.


*Good night everyone and thank you for reading! =)*