Saturday, January 26, 2008

Hit Me Britney One More Time

I first met Britney Spears when I was eight years old while watching TV. It was very accidental because I was changing channels, then I suddenly saw her video and got hooked on the song, Baby One More Time. I used to sing and dance her songs, which became big hits worldwide. Everybody loved her and her songs. There were young girls too who dressed and acted like she did. I began to like her because she was so talented and pretty. I loved the way she dances while singing because it was so graceful. No wonder why she was called "The Pop Princess". I even brought her albums from Baby One More Time to In the Zone. I became her number one fan.

It is not a surprise for famous people who get involved into a controversy. News about marriage, divorce, annulment, teenage pregnancy, drug addiction, death, and their private lives are so endless and common. Since Britney belongs to the Pop Royal Family in the world of entertainment, she has no escape from it. And because of these controversies, Britney's life became horrible.

I thought that her relationship with Justin Timberlake would stay forever. I was indeed happy for them. They really looked good together and by looking at their eyes, they seemed that they loved each other. After being together for so many years, they broke up. Poor Justin. Poor Britney. She seemed desperate about her life after Justin. She french-kissed Madonna during the MTV awards. That was very yucky, disappointing, and alarming. She married her old friend but filed a divorce within the 24 hours of their marriage. Her videos showed how affected she was because they were so...not so good. She was not the Britney that I used to know and like. That was why, I didn't buy her album after she released In the Zone. I began to dislike her specially when she got married to Kevin Federline, the father of their two children. She even took drugs. Her actions were very disturbing and she was very high. She wasted her life and her career. Because of what she did, she slowly became mentally crazy. She even hid her son from her husband just because she didn't want him to be near the child. Poor Britney.

Like her fellow pop star, Lindsay Lohan, she is always in and out of the rehab center. She is put there to change her life. Because of her very traumatic experiences [in her life], she is always the bulls eye of the paparazzi. They are interested in her and wherever she goes, there are always cameras around, taking pictures of her. Respecting one's own privacy isn't in the vocabulary of those paparazzis.

I agree with my friend when she said something about Britney. Well, she may be mentally crazy but her confidence while performing doesn't show that she is really mentally crazy. In fact, she seems "normal". I'm not saying that I'm beginning to be a fan of hers again, but I think she is amazing and pretty in her latest video, Piece of Me. The way she dances in that video...it's just incredible. That video is better than Gimme More. Haha. Maybe, Piece of Me is better because it is about the experiences that she is going through. Despite her situation right now, she still manages to perform well and do her best. Well, I hope that she'd change her life now. Come on, this girl has a talent. It's a pity if she doesn't change her life, right? Honestly, I miss the old Britney. I hope she comes back. =)

*If you want to see Britney's latest video, just watch MTV, Myx, or any music channels to see for yourself. You may also visit youtube.com *