Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Dream of a Sporty Girl Wannabe

The first week of the the third and final semester for this school year has just started. I've seen some organizations in school sitting relaxingly along their respective places in SJ walk, hanging tarpaulins to recruit new members, if I'm not mistaken. Oh yes. This is it. I'm just waiting to see the members of the badminton varsity, begging students to join their group.

I talked to one of my blockmate-friend about my dream, which is joining the badminton varsity. I told her that it's my dream eversince I learned how to play the sport, and I liked it very much. It was surprising to hear that she also wanted to join the team because she likes to play it as well. I was very glad because I wouldn't be alone, if ever the team accepted me.

Right now, I'm having a very big dilemma.

I don't know if I would still join the team, after seeing the team having their training yesterday. I don't know if I could do what they can do. I don't know if I could hit the shuttle-cock as hard as they do. I don't know if I would survive their team.

But what about my dream? If I join, there would be a lot of benefits such as decreasing the amount of my tuition fee, which makes my aunt and father very happy, as expected. If I'm an athlete, I would get free tickets and a special seat ( like Upper A) in Araneta, during the season of UAAP. I would have the chance to travel inside and outside the Philippines to compete and represent the school. On the other hand, if I'm already a member, there are trainings in the morning (5:30 or earlier) and in the evening after school hours (6:00 onwards). OMG. I can't wake up very early in the morning and I don't want to stay up late in school.

Oh well. I guess, I really have to think about it. What do you think?