Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Things Change

My life would be in a completely different path had I studied at Ateneo. It has been four years since that one fateful day when the result of the Ateneo College Entrance Test was released. I applied for a course in biology because it used to be my favorite subject when I was still in high school. Learning about living organisms and the body structures and organs of the human being, for some reason, never fails to fascinate me. I badly wanted to be an Atenean at that time and study biology there but my life took a slight detour and brought me to a much greener side, where the Archers are. Everything happens for a reason, as they say.

If I studied at Ateneo, I wouldn't be able to fulfill my other dream which is to become a teacher.

Today, I find myself working as a teacher in a school somewhere in Laguna. I would have to say that this is the job that I love and I enjoy every single moment with my students and fellow colleagues. My day wouldn't be complete without a dose of their smile, laughter, and even kakulitan. I feel privileged when they open up to me and share their experiences in school, experiences with their friends, the latest movie they watched and the like. I gained new friends and memories that are worth remembering. These people truly inspire me to be the best that I can be.

I'm glad my life took that slight detour and I feel so grateful for how it turned out. I'm proud to be a La Sallian and I'm proud to be a teacher.

Sometimes, things happen beyond our control. We don't always get what we want because God has a plan for us. Whether it's something good or bad, we should never forget that it's for the best and it's for our own good. Just look at the brighter side, be open and believe in yourself.

Now that summer vacation is just around the corner, I will make the most out of the remaining days of school. :)