Friday, February 18, 2011

The Hang Over

Last year, I posted an entry about how I missed the company of my college friends during the culminating event of our University Week celebration. I was having the time of my life in the backstage, taking photos of the guest bands. Seeing some of my favorite Filipino bands in person and watching them perform just a few meters away from me was so surreal.



Paramita started the program. It was my first time to see a lead vocalist playing drums. This band is famous for their song, Hiling, which I first heard when I was still in high school (my high school classmates, who formed a band, used this song as their audition piece when they joined the Battle of the Bands in Don Bosco Canlubang four years ago).



The Itchyworms were there as well. I enjoyed watching them perform because they never ran out of energy! Their attitude on stage was really infectious.



This is Imago. I sang along with them when they played Sundo. After their gig, I was able to get the chance to meet and greet the band's vocalist, Aia de Leon. Our one minute conversation will always be remembered. Ah, the perks of being trapped in the backstage.


And of course, the crowd favorite, Urbandub. Everybody went wild once they showed up on stage! The girls beside me were screaming at the top of their lungs! I was so ecstatic when they played First of Summer because I love this song. Just in case you're wondering if I sang along with them, yes I did. It was fun!


(The LSDC-Street doing the archer pose)


(The Animo Squad cheering)

Of course, the culminating event wouldn't be complete without the cheer of the Animo Squad and the performance of La Salle Dance Company-Street respectively. The school spirit was on high! On a different note, I wish I could dance like the LSDC-Street. *sigh*


(My friends Lo and Icca having fun in the ferriswheel)

I also took the chance to check out my friends when I got out of the backstage. It was a struggle to find them in a sea of people but the bright lights around the field literally led me to where they were.

It has been a year since this culminating event and I still have a hang over.

At this very moment, the school's celebrating it's annual culminating event. I heard this year's celebration is going to be interesting. I wonder what's happening right now. I can't wait to hear from those who went! :)