Friday, February 11, 2011

No Tears Allowed

Was changing channels the other night when I came across Sugarfree on a local music channel. Ebe Dancel and the rest of the band were playing their songs with none other than the Manila Symphony Orchestra. If I'm not mistaken, they're the only Filipino band who was able to collaborate with Manila Symphony Orchestra, one of the oldest orchestras in Asia. How amazing.

In my honest opinion, Sugarfree is one of the best Filipino rock bands in the Philippines. Just like Eraserheads, this band easily captured the hearts of the Filipinos, particularly the youth, because they can totally relate to their songs which depict love, friendship, happy thoughts, growing up, and moving forward. I love Sugarfree as much as I love my chocolate cake. ;)

I can't help but feel sad because the band is about to part ways come March. However, there's nothing we can do but to accept their decision. I'm sure there's a valid reason for their break up and it's probably for the best.

In a nutshell, I will miss Sugarfree.



This time, I'm leaving you with their heartfelt song, Wag Ka Nang Umiyak.