Monday, November 29, 2010

The Magic Still Remains


It was ten years ago when I got introduced to Harry, Ron and Hermione. The film adaptation of The Sorcerer's Stone was a box office hit at the cinemas then and I used to be out of place whenever my classmates talk about it. The ten year old me felt like a loser at that time so I asked my bestfriend, Margaret, to explain to me what's going on because she watched the movie. I also borrowed a classmate's book so I would have a background of Harry Potter. Since that one fateful day, I got hooked on reading the book and started saving my allowance to buy the other volumes. I finished reading all the books and I never get tired of rereading them again. They are one of my most prized-possessions.

I admire J.K. Rowling for her wild imagination. She changed the whole world by simply writing about the adventures of the "boy who lived". Most of us have grown up with Harry, Ron and Hermione and they will be forever a part of us.

I'm 20 now but I'm still looking forward to receiving an acceptance letter from Hogwarts. ;)


P.S. This video gives me goosebumps. The title of the song is Marchin' On by One Republic.