Monday, November 01, 2010

Because I Cannot Sleep

Some people count sheep when they cannot sleep. I also tried counting sheep before, hoping it would work, but it didn’t. As a matter of fact, when I reached 100, I could still hear the snores of the people around me. I envied them, really. Reading a book didn’t help either. I ended up feeling bored but not sleepy. How tragic.

It’s 1:15 am, past my bedtime.

Today is the first day of November. It’s raining and somewhat cold. It is definitely the perfect time to hop in that soft and comfortable bed of yours, to hug those big pillows and hide under the blanket. Everyone else here at home, except me, is fast asleep and probably having the time of his/her lives in Dreamland. Again, I envy them.

Now, the wind has joined the rain. It’s a little bit creepy because it’s getting colder. And it will be creepier if the winds begin to make sounds. Yes, I’ve started to imagine things. I just remembered the horror movies I watched a while ago. They were not really scary, but I can’t help it. It’s the season of jack-o-lanterns, Halloween parties, you name it. I hope this rain stops.

Oh, the random thoughts keep on flowing in.