Friday, November 26, 2010

Crazy Over Peppermint Mocha

Others say it tastes like Colgate but for me it isn't.

I'm talking about Starbucks' Peppermint Mocha. Since the famous coffee shop started its yearly tradition last November 3, I've been dropping by the place just to buy a cup of this popular holiday beverage. I am not a fan of coffee but the combination of espresso, milk, bittersweet chocolate, peppermint flavor and whipped cream makes me appreciate it. It may be too pricey but the happiness I get in return is priceless. On a different note, I can feel the spirit of Christmas whenever there's Peppermint Mocha around.

The baristas give me weird looks for not availing the sticker so I could have the limited edition Starbucks Coffee planner. Unlike the others who are willing to fight tooth and nail to own one, I always say "no, thank you" with a smile. I guess I'm the only customer who does not care about collecting the stickers. A Papemelroti planner is still the best, at least for me.

After working a while ago, I went to Starbucks with my fellow colleague and new friend, Kaye. The day that we've been waiting for has finally come! It was nice talking to someone who can listen and understand what I'm going through. It also feels good to listen, share my thoughts and give friendly advices. I didn't have a dull moment with her because what we talked about was interesting and insightful. Those two and a half hours were not enough, believe it or not. Nevertheless, I enjoyed our short yet meaningful coffee date. Starbucks' theme this Christmas season is right, a cup of Peppermint Mocha (or a Toffee Nut Latte or a Praline Mocha) is a perfect drink to tell stories over. :)

By the way, I'd like to share with you what I discovered while writing this entry:


(Hi, I'm Nana!)
I'm pretty sure I said my name correctly and clearly but look! I have a new name! :p