Sunday, April 26, 2009

Lesson of the Week: Don't be Judgmental

Have you ever judged a person simply because of his or her physical appearance?

There is some point in our lives when we become judgmental. We easily tend to judge others by looking at how they walk, talk, sit, stand, eat, and dress. We immediately make conclusions and assumptions towards people even if we really don't know them. Am I right?

Last Sunday, my friend asked me to watch a video of Susan Boyle in You Tube. When I saw her, I thought that she was just like the other ridiculous contestants who joined American Idol, because she looked very different. The audience were laughing at her and making funny faces too while she was introducing herself. By the way, she joined the singing contest, Britain's Got Talent and not American Idol.

(This is Susan Boyle before [left] and after a major makeover [right])


Like Simon Cowell and the others, I was really surprised when I heard her sing a song from Les Miserables. She was so amazing! She even got a standing ovation from the judges. It was an "incredible performance". A star is born!

May this serve as a lesson for everyone. As the old saying goes, never judge a book by its cover.

I'm glad she had a major makeover though. :D