Thursday, April 23, 2009

Summer Getaway

Before the end of the school year, most of my classmates' status in YM and blogs in Multiply were about going to the beach. They described how the beach gives them a relaxing feeling whenever they walk on the sand, swim, eat, take pictures, and simply enjoy. They've been to Boracay, Palawan, La Union, Calatagan, and the like. They are so lucky because they get to visit these wonderful places around the Philippines. Everytime I look at their pictures in Multiply and Facebook, I always tell myself, "Haay, sana ako rin.." v(",)v

I just came from Calatagan, Batangas today and now I know why my classmates love the beach so much. Cheska, Lo, Maryse, Mye, Nikki, Raymund, Tasha, and I enjoyed the whole afternoon swimming with the waves and taking wacky pictures. Of course, we also loved eating the food that Tita Sol (Raymund's mom) cooked for us. I had a great time collecting shells and beach rocks as well.

(These are the shells and the rocks that I collected and my slippers. :D )


On our way there, it was raining hard so we thought that we would not enjoy the day. However, when we arrived at our destination, it suddenly stopped raining and the sun welcomed us as soon as we hit the beach. I'm really thankful to God because He gave us a sunny day. Because of the heat of the sun, my skin is a little bit darker. I've got tan lines! ;)


(The beach of Calatagan, Batangas. :D)


My trip to Calatagan with my college friends is a truly memorable one. I'm definitely happy because my parents allowed me to go. My summer this year has never been this goooood. :D



*P.S. I will post more pictures soon!*