Monday, February 11, 2008

Hmmm...What If?

Three or four days ago, I attended the meeting of Mau and her fellow colleagues. I just joined them because I didn’t like to go home (to the dorm) yet. I sat there listening to their views and opinions about the certain issues that happen in our college, which is the College of Education (CED). There were four questions, but the only question that remained in my mind was the first one. Of course, there is this perception that which comes first would be the one being remembered. Well, that is partly true in my case. Haha. Although, I can still remember the other questions, I don’t know why I couldn’t forget the first question: If CED were to be an object, what would it be? Why? They have different answers like crayons and rubrics cube that follow reasonable and sensible reasons. I have my own answer and reason as well, even if I’m not really a part of their meeting. I only kept it in my mind (how generous, not sharing my own thoughts! Haha). Here it goes:


If CED were to be an object, it would be a puzzle. In CED, there are issues and concerns that need to be resolved. The people in the college aren’t united yet. There are still empty spaces that serve as a barrier to each and everyone. Like a puzzle, in order to be called a REAL puzzle, it should be complete. The pieces of the puzzle fill the empty spaces to close the gap among each individual. There shouldn’t be any missing piece. There shouldn’t be one being left behind. When these pieces are already together, they become connected and united, thus producing a wonderful masterpiece.

So this is my reason. I know I can’t be a part of the student council because I feel I don’t have the potential to be a leader. However, if I were to be given a chance to run for a particular position, I would accept it. Oh well, this is my chance to come out of my shell and become a more active student right? This is my chance to fully overcome my shyness. In this way, I can prove something that is beyond the expectations of others; it is like a surprise. I would try my very best to serve my fellow La Sallians. Like what most of the candidates say, a leader serves the people; not the people serve the leader. If I would have my own RTR someday, after saying my script, I would always tell them one thing: I may have a small voice…but I can make a BIG difference. Wow, enough said. And back to my ECEDSED review. Haha. =)