Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Quest for the Perfect Barbecue

November 17, 2012- My colleagues told me that aside from the sulit and sumptuous Korean food, the other best thing at Bulgogi Brothers is to get to cook your own barbecue. They say nothing but positive things about this restaurant so last November 17, Margaret and I decided to eat dinner there. We wanted to experience authentic Korean food and of course, cook our own barbecue. When we arrived at the restaurant, it was full of people and the waitress said we're the third in the waiting list. It was already past 8pm and we were so hungry so we both agreed to eat outside. Unfortunately, we weren't able to cook barbecue. We had to follow the restaurant's policy. ;)

The moment we sat on our chair, they served us with salad, corn tea, and other appetizers which are for free. How awesome is that? Margaret and I felt like we were in Korea as we finally got to use their metal chopsticks and rounded spoon. Surprisingly, we liked the eggplant with nuts and the kangkong. Tinipid talaga namin yun. While eating, I also imagined myself being in a Koreanovela waiting for my prince, Lee Min Ho. :)) 


For the main course, we had bibimbap and the Bulgogi Brothers special. These are the best! Really! The beef is so tender; it was properly cooked and it was super duper *insert all sorts of positive adjectives here*! It'll leave you speechless.


And wait, there's more! The friendly waiters and waitresses (yes, plural) served us ice cream for free! We only paid for the bibimbap and the barbecue and the service charge. I also liked the service because they're so friendly and accommodating. Margaret and I were truly the happiest kids that day. ;)

Heart shaped! :)
I love the name of this ice cream. Hihi.
My colleagues were right. It is sulit. We'll definitely go back to Bulgogi Brothers. :)