Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Effect of Doughnuts and Coffee

My November 17 date with best friend Margaret doesn't end at Bulgogi Brothers. After eating dinner, we walked around Alabang Town Center and watched people. Did I ever mention that people watching used to be my favorite hobby way back in college? ;) Sometimes, people watching is good because it can make you realize a lot of things. ;)


We went to Krispy Kreme after to eat doughnuts and talk about the things that matter in life. I'm glad that Margaret was there to listen to all my ramblings about the things I'm going through. I'm learning so much from the advices she gives me. On the other hand, I feel honored when she opens up to me and it's my pleasure to share what I think about her own ramblings. It somehow forces my brain to work double time and I guess it's good. My EQ and IQ work hand-in-hand. ;) On a random note, look at the holiday doughnuts! They're too cute to eat, what do you think?


Since we were the only people at Krispy Kreme, we decided to continue our conversation at Starbucks. While we were there, the weirdest thing happened to me. Before paying for our drinks, the barista asked for my name twice and she spelled it too. I was really confident na she got my name correctly this time. But when the other barista called me, she said "Jana". Medyo natawa ako pero okay lang. For the other drink, I was even more surprised when she said "Tana". Napa-tumbling na ako! Sabay ko in-order yung mga kape pero magkaiba ang pangalan ko. They made our night!


Margaret became worried when I got so hyper after drinking my coffee. She even tried to stop me from driving because "I was not in good condition". Ganyan ako kalala at daig ko pa ata ang nalasing. But I assured her that once I get hold of the manibela, I will be back to my normal state. I sensed that she was kind of nervous when I started driving but when we reached San Pedro exit along the SLEX, okay na siya. ;)

So that's how my date night with my bestfriend went. It was fun and meaningful (because of our conversation about life) and I'm looking forward to another one. :)