Saturday, December 15, 2012

The 2012 Wishlist

The other day, my toddlers and I talked about Santa Claus. They learned that Santa Claus is a jolly old man who has white hair, wears red robes, and rides a sleigh carried by reindeers. Their eyes lit up when they also learned that Santa Claus likes giving presents to good boys and girls. Suddenly, some of them raised their hands and shared that they're good boys and girls. How cute! While looking at them, I could tell they're all thinking of what they want to receive from "Santa" this Christmas.

Like my toddlers, I also have moments when I think of the things I want to get this Christmas. However, I'm not expecting Santa to give me these because I'm already beyond the stage of believing that he exists. :p Anyway, in no particular order...

 
Whenever I visit a Roxy store, I would always go to the watch section and satisfy my eyes with these colorful arm candies. My watch has just retired so I must get a new one. Unfortunately, my savings usually find its way to National Bookstore. On a different note, having a cute watch would probably motivate me to be always on time.

   
Yes, a Jansport backpack. I need this to keep my colored pens, colored papers, double-sided tapes, glue, googley eyes, paint, popsicle sticks, and the other things that you would see inside a preschool teacher's bag. It's so spacey and it can stand the test of time. It's a matter of quality over quantity.

This is not as important as the first two though.Gusto ko lang talaga magkaroon ng Orly na nail polish. ;) I've seen Patty Laurel's blog about Orly and I fell in love with its lovely colors, most especially the pastels. Colors like the ones you see in the picture suit me well and they totally reflect my personality. I'm such a girly girl, don't you think? :p


Keds sneakers! In our school, it is highly recommended that preschool teachers wear closed shoes. You know, in preschool, kids stepping on your foot more than thrice a day is inevitable as they're very active, so wearing sandals is a big no-no. I'm always on flats and my trusty super sparkly espadrilles. They've been with me through thick and thin and I'm thinking of giving them a much-deserved break. Keds look so comfy, fun, and stylish at the same time, and they look so perfect in a preschool setting. I can't wait to own a pair of Keds soon!

I'd like to believe that this year's wish list is more practical than last year's. Needs over wants. Quality over quantity. And oh, it makes me feel like I'm finally growing up. ;) I'm keeping my fingers crossed and I'm really hoping that I would be able to buy (or maybe, much better if someone would give me hahaha) at least one of these. :)