Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Movie I'll Never Get Tired of Watching


If there's one movie that totally makes me cry a river (well, aside from Toy Story), it would be Pixar's UP. I was in college, junior year, when I watched it in the silverscreen. I thought that it's just a movie about a cute kid who became friends with a grumpy old man who lives in a house pulled by hundreds of balloons, and they both went on an adventure. But I was wrong because this movie is more than just that. It has a more meaningful and deeper context that leaves us thinking about the good things we have and the special people in our lives. I remember I left the theater teary-eyed because I didn't expect that Russell, Carl, and even Ellie would make my heart melt. I'm inspired by the story, and I wish I'd have an adventure that will help me discover and learn new things to make me grow and be a much, much better person. That's how powerful and moving this movie is. :)

UP has been on Star Movies for weeks now and yes, it can still make me cry. ;)