Thursday, February 09, 2012

A Night in Winter Wonderland

I slept at around 3am the other day because I took photos of these wonderful things:


 This is my aunt's collection. It started when she went to the States to spend Christmas with the relatives, 20 plus years ago. She said that she fell in love with the mini Christmas village that she saw in a mall display. When she came back to the Philippines, she started assembling her own Christmas village at home. 


 My uncle who lives in San Francisco used to include porcelain houses and/or churches, figurines (people and animals such as deers and dogs), lights, trees, and other things related to decorating the Christmas village inside the balikabayan boxes to add to her growing collection.



Decorating the Christmas village isn't an easy task. Sometimes, it takes four days to a week to finish it! Good thing auntie has the forever reliable Ate Rosie and Tatay Boy who don't mind going up and down the pingpong table to fix the houses, particularly the ones in the "mountains" and taking care of the wires and other electrical stuff respectively. I wonder how auntie did it before. Hahaha! :) My task, on the other hand, is research, plan, and design. I make sure that every part of it has a story. ;)

Because Valentines Day is just around the corner. Uyyyy. :p
Though blurred, this shot, I love.
All the hard work pays off after. It feels so good when I see people appreciate it. :)