Saturday, December 24, 2011

Lazy Daisy

It's one more day before Christmas! I'm sure everyone is busy preparing for the most special day of the year. I, like you, am busy too--- busy wrapping presents that is! I started wrapping presents yesterday and I haven't finished wrapping the rest today. Oh well. Towards the end of this entry, you'll know why. ;)

This year, I'm on a budget so I didn't buy Christmas wrappers and gift tags. I wanted to be resourceful and creative at the same time. I searched the world wide web to get some ideas. I came across my rolls of black cartolina, then got my recently purchased scented specialty papers and glue. Upon seeing these things, I suddenly had my lightbulb moment. Here's what I did:

From left to right: scented specialty papers, glue, tape, scissors, stapler, black cartolinas, and personalized gift tags




I decided to make paper snowflakes! This was inspired by Teacher Mariel's discovery time activity with her preschool 4 kids. She used this activity for the kids' fine motor skills. Anyway. The next picture shows the steps on how to make a paper snowflake.


1. Cut the paper in any size you want. By the way, make sure that the paper is easy to fold so you won't have a hard time cutting it.

2. Assuming that that's the size of the paper you chose.

3. Fold it in half. (Should be in triangular form)

4. Fold it again in half. Then fold one more. (Re: You will fold the paper thrice)

5. Cut the edges, sides of the paper. It's up to you. Unleash your creativity!

6. Your paper will look like this (similar to this one) when you cut its edges/sides.

"Open" the paper and tadaaaa!!! Snowflake!!!


Yes, I made a lot of paper snowflakes in different sizes!
I wrapped the presents using the black cartolina then glued the paper snowflakes and the personalized gift tag. I put them under our Christmas tree and took a picture of how they turned out:

What do you think? :)
It took me approximately 3-4 hours doing the whole thing. The good news is I was able to wrap more than ten today! However, I still have four remaining unwrapped presents. But right now I'm just too lazy and I wanted to log in on Facebook and Twitter to greet everyone so I'll probably do it again after Christmas. Haha!

Wishing you all a blessed and joyful Christmas! :)