Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Beginning of a Happily Ever After

It's an honor to be a part of Teacher Portia and Sir Ron's wedding last Sunday. After two or more years of being in a relationship (they're college sweethearts, if I'm not mistaken), they finally decided to tie the knot and settle for good. I'm glad I was able to share this special moment with them. It's the grandest wedding celebration I have ever attended so far, and I think it's the Filipino counterpart of the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. The wedding was held at St. Therese in Lipa, Batangas.


This was taken before the start of the mass. As you can clearly see, we (except the guys, of course) were all wearing that cute purple headbands. The guy beside me is Sir Ron, the groom. By the way, they told me I looked like a flower girl because of my outfit. Haha!




Everyone was excited to see the wedding march. We were all smiling from ear to ear as the entourage walked down the aisle. When it was Teacher Portia's turn, the church's doors opened while her favorite song Dream was being played, and all eyes were on her. She was the most beautiful woman that day. She started to shed tears of joy when she entered the church and began walking. The guests (especially her sisters) and my fellow colleagues wiped their tears while I only got goosebumps as she approached the altar.

Unfortunately, we weren't able to witness the wedding vows because we had to rush immediately to the reception venue (Blue Roze, also in Lipa, Batangas) to finish the tasks that Teacher Portia and Sir Ron assigned to us. We checked on the sitting arrangement, the food, the cake, the names of the guests, the sound system, the souvenirs and the like. We had our "mini-pictorial" after accomplishing our tasks since we won't be able to do it once the newlyweds and their guests arrive. Here are some of our photos I got from Teacher Serie's camera:








We spent the night also at Blue Roze because the celebration ended at around past 8pm. Teacher Portia and Sir Ron considered the fact that we're all living in Laguna and it would be unsafe for us to go home late so they booked a cottage for us. There we also met their friends way back from college. It was fun! May 15, 2011 will always be remembered.

And that's all! Until my next blog post! :)


*All photos from Teacher Serie*