Sunday, September 14, 2008

Just Happy and Proud

This post is especially dedicated to my younger brother, Ivan. As a proud Ate, I would like to share with you his accomplishments and the recognitions he's getting from his school recently.

I never expected that he would excel in academics because knowing him, he'd rather watch Tom and Jerry or Pokemon in Cartoon Network than study his lessons and do his assignments. At eleven, he's still very much into watching cartoons, playing with our dog, and reading comics and kiddie magazines. Honestly, some people often mistaken him as a grade two or a grade three student because of the way he acts and behaves. Well, he's the youngest in the family and this may be the reason why he is still like a "baby". And if you see him personally, he does not look like a hardworking grade five student. Trust me. HAHA.

Regardless of what I said above, I'm proud of him because he is making waves in his school.

To my surprise, I just discovered that he is representing his school to compete in other schools (he's very visible in the field of quiz bees these days). What really makes me more surprised is the mere fact that he has a banner with his own name and picture outside the gates of his school. How cool is that? Because of this, I always tease him that his face would scare innocent people who pass by the school because it is like a scare crow. HAHA. (Our father likes the joke, though. He keeps on laughing when he hears that.) I know, I'm mean to my own brother. v(",)v

Next week, he'll be competing again. I hope he would win this time. I know he can, because I trust him.

Go Ugly! Ate is proud of you! No matter how queer you are to me, I'm so lucky to have you as my brother. ILY. v('',)v


*Trivia: We fondly call each other Ugly. We really love each other, don't we? HAHA. By the way, please allow me to greet Ian and Nika a belated happy birthday and a happy birthday respectively.*