Sunday, July 13, 2008

There is a Time for Everything

It's funny when people ask me if I have "someone special" in my life at present. I don't know why they keep on asking me this kind of question. They don't even believe me when I say, "I don't have". They say it is impossible since I study in a co-ed school, where there are a lot of cute and good looking guys around. They even make predictions that there is someone who is courting me at the moment. HAHA. They really make me laugh.

Most of my friends are in this kind of situation right now. They are in the kilig stage and I'm actually happy for them. There are times when I tease them too. Oh, it is fun teasing those friends of mine who are in love, inspired, and floating with the clouds! Sometimes, honestly, I'm thinking about that too. I'm wondering how it feels like having someone who treats me as a special person in his life. I hope you get what I mean when I say his treatment is different from the treatment that my family is giving me. Okay, that sounds redundant. v(",)v

Am I ready?

As a teenager, I'm fond of buying magazines like Candy. I learn a lot from the magazine because like my family, it gives me enough reasons on how to be confident with myself and on how to adjust to teenage life. Moreover, it gives me tips on how to dress appropriately. Haha. Anyway, in the June issue, I got curious so I took the quiz about if I'm ready to have a special someone (I'm sorry if I keep on saying "special someone"). Well, I answered mostly letter Bs and the result is so true. Let me quote and share with you what the Candy team says:


"You're in love with the idea of having a boyfriend, but you aren't sure you're ready for the complications of a relationship. You like the thought of holding hands and bumping into your crush, but you're scared of anything beyond that. Chill! You're young and you don't need to rush getting together with anyone. When the time is right, you'll fall in love--- and you won't be scared to!"


Please let me stop at this point and end this one by saying that I'm not in a hurry to fall in love. I'm still young and I need to learn more about life. Marami pa akong dapat i-enjoy sa buhay ko bilang isang seventeen-year-old. Ayaw ko na tumulad sa iba na nagseseryoso na pagdating sa mga relasyon na ganito. It doesn't matter if my friends have a special someone and I don't, because I believe that the "perfect guy" for me will come someday. Darating din ako sa stage na iyan, kaya huwag kayong mag-alala. Like what the bible passage says, there is a time for everything. v(",)v


P.S. What about the crushes? Having a crush on someone is natural. It is not as deep as love. It is only, like what the elders say, the puppy love. v(",)v