Friday, May 31, 2013

The Summer Crafts

Karla and I spent our whole summer preparing arts and crafts for our kiddos. We even came to a point when we ran out of supplies so we had to be more resourceful. Instead of rushing to a nearby National Bookstore, we chose to have a "scavenger hunt" in our school's stock room or study rooms in our respective homes to save time and money. With our limited resources, I'm proud to say that we were able to make some fun, colorful, and age-appropriate arts and crafts activities for our kiddos.
lettuce, bacon, and cheese cut-outs
sandwich bags
sandwich! :)
 For our lesson about picnic, one of our subtopics is the food we eat when we go on a picnic so we thought of sandwiches. It was really challenging to think of an arts and crafts activity about sandwiches! Karla was the one who made these and I was so happy upon seeing these cut-outs on our table the next day. She's so resourceful! She also drew the details on each piece of the lettuce and bacon cut-outs. Sipag! ;) 

   
I wouldn't forget the day I drew the coloring page for our class. It was my first time to be early in school. Hahaha! I asked one of the teacher-aides to photocopy my drawing because she knows how to operate the machine.

bathing suits and board shorts
For our lesson on swimming, we decided to make small bathing suits for the girls and board shorts for the boys. Karla did these cut-outs. I remember telling her that she's so matiyaga and masipag because drawing the details of these cut-outs (more than 10) is not an easy task!



snorkels!
 What's more? These snorkels were also Karla's masterpiece. ;) Super hands-down talaga ako noong pinakita niya sa akin ang mga ito. I'm beyond amazed! 


These are our kiddos' finished product. They all enjoyed decorating their snorkels!


This is the activity on our second to the last day. The kiddos decorated the sprinklers with the flower cut-outs and soft and colored popsicle sticks. If you noticed, the flowers were not proportional because I cut these at around 4am. Medyo inaantok pa ako habang naggugupit. :)) I was running out of ideas the night before so I chose to sleep it off and wake up early instead. :)) Nevertheless, Pinterest will always be my life-saver! ;)

You don't need expensive materials to be able to make fun arts and crafts activities for the kids. As long as you have the markers, colored papers, scissors, glue, PLUS passion, dedication, creativity, resourcefulness, and Pinterest (hahaha!) on your side, you're good to go. Good luck! :)