Thursday, May 09, 2013

The Summer Flip-Flops

I am a professional crammer. The elders do not approve because cramming or procrastination leads to a "half-baked-half-cooked" outcome, but it doesn't happen all the time. Just like in my case. For some weird reason, I get ideas on the last minute! Whenever I'm under time pressure, I have the tendency to think beyond the box and I usually surprise myself when I finish a particular task. As Hazel puts it, it's called "productive procrastination". However, I'm trying to overcome this habit because I always end up sleeping late and that alone is not good for my health. Lola vibes right here. :p

My summer has never been this busy. I never expected that I would spend my summer cutting, pasting, and drawing in the wee hours of the morning! Nevertheless, I'm having fun whenever I create something out of ordinary, and it indeed feels so good when people get to appreciate what you've done. Sleeping late has become worth it. ;)


These are the summer flip-flops that I was talking about in my previous post. Believe it or not, I slept at around 4am, after a couple of tries. It took me some time to finally create eleven flip-flops that it almost similar to the pair of Havaianas infront of me. My pair was the inspiration to this activity. :))


I used cutter in making the three holes of my mini flip-flops. You may also use scissors but I highly recommend cutter because it can produce finer and smaller holes. On the other hand, I used a hard specialty paper to keep the flip-flops sturdy. I made a sample so that our kiddos would have an idea about what they should do.


I got my colored papers and shape punchers and started punching. These cut-outs made our kiddos' works colorful and unique. Some of them also used markers and stamps. Teacher Karla and I have proven that our toddlers this summer enjoy doodling more than playing with musical instruments, connectors, puzzles, and the like.

After singing the good-bye song and receiving their stars, the kiddos proudly showed their work to their parents/guardians. The parents were also happy upon seeing the mini flip-flops decorated by their little angels. That moment is truly priceless. :)