Wednesday, May 08, 2013

The Parking Lot

I'm beginning to be a little bit O.C. when it comes to making arts and crafts activities for our summer class. It all started when I made small flip-flops in lieu of our lesson about the things we wear during summer. It was a big hit to our kids as well as to their parents. From then on, I got inspired and more motivated to create nice and interesting arts and crafts activities for our kiddos.

One Sunday night, I decided to make paper popsicles at Starbucks. It was my first time to do school stuff on a coffee shop. I got odd stares from the baristas and I noticed that they were wondering what on earth I was doing. I was drawing, cutting, and pasting on small corner for about thirty minutes until my friend from gradeschool, Thesa, arrived from work.


I can't believe I finished nine paper popsicle sticks in an hour! Well, Thesa helped me make one. :)) I'm glad with how it turned out because it somehow looked "real". I kept it simple and plain because I wanted the kids to unleash their creativity. I allowed them to use markers, crayons, and colorful cut-outs to decorate their popsicles. Next time, I'll let them use paint. :)


It was a productive one hour for the both of us. Thesa and I were multi-tasking as we catch up and make paper popsicles at the same time. Thesa got a glimpse of my life as a preschool teacher while I learned so much about her work as a nutritionist in the hospital. Wow, parang kailan lang. We used to play Chinese garter in school and now, we have our own responsibilities. 


After our stay at Starbucks, we had a mini "pictorial" in the parking lot. We took advantage of the almost empty and quiet parking space. For some reason, we enjoyed making funny faces and poses infront of the camera. And the moon was really pretty that night, don't you think? :)