Sunday, April 07, 2013

The Sixth Day of April

I spent the whole afternoon in Alabang with Hazel yesterday. It all started with a simple text message last Friday and I still couldn't believe that we survived the weekend sale at the mall without buying anything. We were able to exercise our self-control and discipline, although we were thisclose (especially myself) to buying this really cute top in Bayo. On the other hand, food is an exception of course. It always is.

Since we were both on a tight budget, we ate lunch at Burger King. For a price as low as 130php, one could already eat a sumptuous burger with additional fries and drink on the side. Sometimes, it comes with a cup of sundae too. See, special treat right there!What makes our simple lunch much more special is that we both miss eating here. I'm surprised to know that the last time Hazel ate at Burger King was way back in college.

Hazel is too happy in this photo. Hihi. :)
As soon as we arrived at the mall, we dropped by the Cinemas to reserve two seats as well as buy tickets of the latest Sarah-John Lloyd movie. People are talking about it on Twitter and Facebook that's why I got curious. When we arrived, good thing the line was not as long as the one at J.Co's. However, when we checked the screen for seats, most of the seats were reserved already. That's how phenomenal the movie is!


Now I know the feeling after watching It Takes a Man and a Woman. No wonder why my friends feel kilig whenever they talk about it and I can't blame them for watching it for the second, third, and fourth time around. What I like about this movie, aside from making girls (and guys?) feel giddy all over, is the actors' delivery of lines. The way they say their lines seem so natural that I thought some of it aren't scripted. It's not just an ordinary Filipino romantic comedy because it also teaches the audience lessons in life. Each character has a story, and we can learn from them. If you haven't seen the movie, I encourage you to watch it. Your 200php is worth it, definitely!

And last but not the least, I finally had my first taste of mochi ice cream! I've always been curious about mochi ice cream but I never had a chance to visit Mochicko everytime I'm in Alabang. So when I had the chance, I grabbed it. ;) I had red velvet mochi ice cream while Hazel opted for avocado. It's sooo good that I wanted to buy another one, but I reminded myself that I'm on a budget so one is enough, for the mean time. :))


I had to ask permission from the lady in the counter if I could take a photo of the mochi ice cream displayed to be sure. Anyway, I'll try the Oreo and Milk mochi ice cream next time. ;)



Here's the red velvet mochi ice cream! The lady in the counter informed me to wait for the ice cream to be soft. Imagine my excitement as I waited for it to become soft and chewy. I keep asking Hazel if it's already soft and chewy enough to eat. :))



I had to take a photo of what's inside the mochi ice cream. There's a "mini-cupcake" squeezed between vanilla ice cream. It's a perfect treat to eat this summer.


This is my favorite shot! Hazel eating her avocado mochi ice cream. What's interesting in this photo is the cute cats waving at the background.  


Thank you so much for yesterday, Hazel! It was a fun and kilig-filled day. And, don't worry. Our own Miggy Montenegro is on his way. Maybe he's just stuck in traffic. ;)