Tuesday, April 02, 2013

The Movie Date

This one is a long overdue post. I should have posted this last March but I got busy with school. Now I'm taking advantage of my eleven free days. 

Chia invited me to watch Silver Linings Playbook (starring Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper) with her at Alabang Town Center (the extension of our home haha!) last March 3. I might be living under the rock for such a long time because I only knew about this movie when Chia gushed over it on Facebook the night before. I thought it was a new television show!

Before watching the movie, we ate lunch at Johnny Rockets. While inside, I felt that we're in the 1960's because of it's old school vibes. From the way the servers dress, to the things found inside the restaurant, the food presentation, the music, the over-all look of the restaurant, you'd really feel that you've time traveled to the good old days.


It is my first time to eat a philly cheese steak. There's nothing special about it but nevertheless, I liked it. It is good if paired with a glass of ice cold lemonade. ;) When I go back to Johnny Rockets, I'll try the other food in the menu.
 .

After the movie, we ate merienda at Banapple. The place was so crowded when we first entered so we decided to take some walk around the mall. Good thing when we came back, we were able to sit comfortably on one of the couches. ;) There we ordered slices of cheesecake to satisfy our sweet cravings. :)

As I type this post, I suddenly remembered this song (originally performed by the late Elvis Presley) by the A*Teens. This song is included in the Lilo & Stitch soundtrack. I'm sure the kids of today's generation are not familiar with the things I just mentioned. Gosh, I'm getting old. :)) To refresh the memories of my kababata and to introduce today's kids to the kind of music I listen to when I was still in grade school, I present Can't Help Falling In Love With You by A*Teens. :)