Sunday, April 07, 2013

The Cute Song


Last Thursday, I went back to school to prepare for the summer class. I'll be working with Teacher Karla this time and we're going to deal with toddlers. On that day, we worked together on our welcome letter, web and lesson plans and tried to finish the materials needed for our class. We also decorated the classroom, but we chose not to make it colorful because considering the age of our students, well, they easily get distracted and overwhelmed by the things they find around them. I like working with Teacher Karla because she has a habit of finishing all the tasks as long as she can. For instance, without realizing, we already finished the lesson plan and the materials for the third week of April. As far as my memory is concerned, we also started with the lesson plan for the fourth week. Awesomesauce! We're so advanced but I like it. And we miss Teacher Mariel. :(

Another thing that I like about having Teacher Karla around the classroom is that she likes to play songs that are new to my ears. While working on school things, a cute song played on her laptop and she started singing. She shared that it used to be her song for her boyfriend two years ago. I asked her about the artist and I learned that it was Lenka who sang the song. She and Teacher Serie said that Lenka's latest album is so nice so I downloaded it this weekend. True, the songs in her album, Two, are like ear candies--- sweet and cute. My favorite songs from the album are Heart Skips a Beat, Roll with the Punches, and The End of the World, the latter being on the loop for the whole afternoon. Kaunti nalang, I might memorize it. :))

Anyway, here's Lenka with The End of the World. This song reminds me of rainbows, butterflies, and happy and colorful things. Press play to find out why. ;)