Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Stargazer



Spongecola does it again! I definitely fell in love with the band's latest single, Stargazer. It takes me back to my good old high school days (particularly my sophomore year) because it reminds me of their popular song, Gemini, back then. I've been a fan for six years now. 

Stargazer is so poetic and it just shows how talented Spongecola is when it comes to writing songs. The music video, on the other hand, may be simple but it gave me chills and goosebumps when I watched it for the first time. 

Was it epic for you at all? Or just a memory... a moment, nothing more? This line.

Someone said that this song is about two people who fell for each other but something's holding them back because for some reason, they can't be together. That's why in the music video, Yael and the girl have chains. They represent these two people that are not meant to be. For me, it seems like a Romeo-and-Juliet kind of love story but I guess it does happen in reality. Haay.

If ever Yael and the rest of Spongecola come across this blog (well, it can happen who knows :p), you guys keep on inspiring people with your music! And please visit Paseo de Sta. Rosa again so my friend, Mau, and I can watch you perform live. :D