Wednesday, January 18, 2012

One of those days when I do nothing but reflect

My Sundays are usually spent with my family. My aunties from Manila come to our house here in Laguna to eat lunch with us. Eating lunch together every Sunday has been a family tradition. 

First lunch: January 1, 2012

I have always loved our Sunday luncheons because I learn a lot from each member. They've been through a lot of thick and thin, and these molded them to be the wise people that they are today. I keep in mind what they always tell me, because I honestly believe that it could be really helpful in my future endeavors.

Speaking of the future...

I wonder how my life would turn out in the next ten years. Thinking of the future scares yet excites me. But I'm looking forward to what is in store for me. I will embrace the challenges that are about to come my way, and I'm hoping that they'll be able to bring out the best in me and not to bring me down.

By the way, let me share with you a photo which I found while blog hopping the other day:





I saved, printed, and posted this photo inside my room to remind me to make each day awesome. ;) 

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone", so they say. I've been living a sheltered life for the past 21 years and the people I know personally can attest to that. But this year, I will slowly but surely break the boundaries that make me a "sheltered person" by trying out something new... like dyeing my hair, cooking food, baking cupcakes, and the list goes on. Wish me luck. :p

Haay, I've been thinking reflecting a lot lately. But I guess this isn't a bad thing because my brain gets to maximize its full potential. Hahaha! Kidding aside, I wish everything will turn out well. My game face is on.

Get cape. Wear cape. Fly.