Friday, June 04, 2010

Jenny


My TREDONE professor said that you are not a La Sallian if you don’t know Jenny. Since I was a frosh then, I didn’t have any idea who Jenny was. I asked some of my classmates about this person. I was surprised when I learned that Jenny was a beggar in Taft Avenue who befriended the students from La Salle and CSB. And he’s not just a beggar; He wore “Havaianas”.

He was like a student from La Salle because he knew everything about what’s going on inside the institution. He knew the schedule of the classes and of the UAAP games. He also helped some of the students who were crossing the streets. And I was one of them. This was the only closest encounter I had with Jenny because I didn't have a chance to talk to him, unlike the other students, during my entire college life.

Last night, a blockmate of mine tweeted that he already passed away. I was in school last Monday and for some weird reason, I didn’t see him. Oh Jenny.

Well, if this is true, Taft Avenue will never be the same, Jenny. You are the one who gives life to this busy street. Thank you. We will definitely miss you.