Friday, December 27, 2013

The Creative Juice

This is my third year making personalized Christmas gift wrappers. It all started when I decided to become resourceful and creative when it comes to gift wrapping so I could save money. Instead of buying wrappers, I looked for materials at home which could be good substitutes (for a wrapper). On my first year, I got hooked on making snow flakes and thank goodness my friends, colleagues, and family loved it. ;) Since then, I always make it a point that every year, I make personalized Christmas gift wrappers to make the recipients feel that they are special. Naks!

For this year, I got inspired by the two creative people I know, Ms. Alessandra Lanot and Bianca Regala. Well, I haven't met Ms. Alessandra Lanot but I visit her blog often because she makes one-of-a-kind crafts. She can turn a simple object to an extraordinary one. Who would have thought that an eraser can be carved and turned into a stamp? I admire her for being so creative! Ms. Lanot can make simple things look elegant by the touch of her hands. It would be an honor to meet her someday. Bianca, on the other hand, is my school mate in college. We know each other personally as we belong to the same department, College of Education, at De La Salle University. Just like Ms. Lanot, Bianca is very much into arts and crafts. Recently, she has taken a step to the next level as she shared her talent and passion to others by making kids and kids at heart happy at parties. You may check out her works on Instagram. :)    

The other week, Bianca posted a photo of her latest rubber stamps: gingerbread man, candy canes, and Christmas trees.I've always wanted to carve erasers but I didn't have much time. I took the chance on the start of our Christmas vacation and started carving erasers. My mom has a lot of craft papers so I asked her if I could have some. :)) The only things I bought were the stamp pads. The erasers have been with me since summer.

 
Got everything I need from my supplies! Thank you National Bookstore and to my other sponsors (a.k.a family and friends). Hihi.


Here's a preview of my Christmas wrapper. There was no available brown stamp pad that's why I used the multi-colored one for my gingerbread man. Anyway, I liked how it turned out. It required a lot of work, but I enjoyed stamping on the craft paper. It took me three hours, by the way. I used 2 and a half rolls of craft paper.


For the ribbons, I used green strips of corrugated paper and twisted red Japanese paper. Got my washi tapes from my friend Hazel to stick the ribbon in place. Also, I didn't print new cards this year. I used the remaining specialty paper that I have and cut its edges using craft scissors. The messages were hand written. See, it's from the bottom of my heart talaga! :p 

I posted the second picture on Instagram and tagged Ms. Lanot. After a while, when I checked my Instagram, I was so surprised and got so kilig when I read a message from her: She even liked the photo!


I was fangirling the whole time! Haaay. Now, I'm more inspired to carve erasers. My friend Mau and I are planning to have a stamp party soon. ;)