Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Year End Post

2013 was indeed a challenging year to me. Life was throwing lemons at me, and it was giving me options on what to do with them. Do I make a lemonade? Do I get salt and a small cup of tequila? Do I leave the lemons behind and do nothing with them? Decision making was not an easy task, and I'm glad that my family and friends and God were there to help me, to comfort me, to make me feel that I am not alone. The lessons I learned from my experiences, they will forever stay in my heart.

The Philippines had her fair share of ups and downs too. Calamities like the earthquake and typhoon Yolanda had visited the country and what they left behind brought tears to people around the world. Despite what happened, the Filipinos showed the world that giving up is definitely not an option. Filipinos may have all the reasons to be sad, depressed, (insert all the negative things that you can think of) but they chose to move forward instead. Even the strongest earthquake or typhoon will not let the Filipino spirit down.

In a few hours, the journey to 2014 begins. Some of us have started packing for the huge trip of our lives, and are ready to jump in the doors of the Year of the Horse. Some of us cannot wait to experience the awesome adventures that await them. Sounds exciting, yes? ;)

Just like Saab Magalona, I have started packing all the good memories that I will bring with me as I start my journey in the coming year. Inside my bag, I have also kept positivity, determination, humility, courageousness, and all the positive things to make this trip more worthwhile. My game face is on, and I am ready.

How about you, are you ready? :)


P.S. Thank you, God, for all the blessings You have given me, my family, and the people around me. :)