Wednesday, April 18, 2012

That One Saturday

March 31, 2012- I have no idea how to describe this day. All I know is that I felt extremely happy and I didn't want it to end. I spent the last day of March with my friends from grade school, Margaret and James.  We invaded Alabang Town Center and made the mall an extension of our own homes. ;) We were supposed to watch The Hunger Games to see what the fuss is all about. But unfortunately James had to attend to something really important at 2pm in Makati so we changed our plan. We went to Timezone instead. 


The first thing we did after Margaret had her Timezone card checked was to go to the karaoke booth (I don't know what it's called haha!) because they are naturally blessed with golden voices. ;) For some reason, Margaret was in the mood to sing. She chose to sing Aerosmith's I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing (Just a little trivia: This was Aerosmith's biggest hit and it's included in the 1998 movie, Armageddon) while James sang a really heartfelt Just Once. Unlike my talented friends, I didn't get to sing solo because I was "shy" at that time. #excuses :p
 

Our short trip to Timezone won't be complete if we didn't play. We all had the adrenaline rush thanks to the games' action-packed features. We took the games very seriously (just look at the photos hahaha!) because we're really determined to win. :p
 
It was James' first time to eat at Pepper Lunch. Glad that he liked the food. :)
Candid | Busy with our food ;)
We ate lunch at Pepper Lunch. We had a lot of catching up while filling our tummies with good food. It was nice to hear from James whom we haven't seen for ages. Four years have passed since the last time the three of us ate out and had fun.  


Sometimes, it is really wonderful to be able to have some quality time with the people you grew up with. Being with your childhood friends keeps you grounded as they remind you of the simple, happy things in life. Childhood friends are such a blessing. :) And on a random note, the feeling you get when you see them after a gazillion years... priceless.

It was such a great day and I'm glad I spent it with these two. I'm looking forward to having more good times with them.:)